Disney is set to celebrate Disney+ Day later this year and has announced a ton of new content that’s planned to arrive on the streaming service in anticipation.
Disney+ Day will be held on Friday, November 12, 2021, and will act as a celebration for all of the content already on the service. In order to celebrate, Disney plans on releasing a ton of brand new movies, television series, and other presentations to the service. Perhaps the biggest announcement of all, though, is that Marvel Studios’ Shang-Chi and The Legend of The Ten Rings will land on the platform on November 12, alongside Disney’s Jungle Cruise film.
The full list of content set to hit Disney+ on November 12, 2021, are as follows:
- Shang-Chi and The Legend of The Ten Rings
- Jungle Cruise
- The new Disney+ Original movie Home Sweet Home Alone, a reimagining of the popular holiday franchise
- An all-new original series of shorts from Walt Disney Animation Studios called Olaf Presents, which sees Frozen’s beloved snowman retelling several classic Disney tales as only he can
- Walt Disney Animation Studios shorts, including Frozen Fever, Feast, Paperman, and Get A Horse!
- The animated short film Ciao Alberto, featuring characters from Pixar’s Luca
- A new short from The Simpsons that pays tribute to Disney+’s marquee brands
- The first five episodes from season 2 of The World According to Jeff Goldblum from National Geographic
- A special celebrating the origins and legacy of Star Wars’ legendary bounty hunter, Boba Fett
- A special celebrating the Marvel Cinematic Universe on Disney+ with an exciting look towards the future
- Dopesick, an original series starring Michael Keaton, which will be released in international markets as part of the Star general entertainment content offering
“The inaugural Disney+ Day will be a grand-scale celebration of our subscribers across the entire company,” said Bob Chapek, Chief Executive Officer, The Walt Disney Company. “This day of appreciation brings to life our mission to entertain, inform, and inspire fans and families around the globe through the power of unparalleled storytelling, and will become an annual tentpole event to be amplified across our global businesses.”