After a month dominated by classic Halloween films, audiences were clearly itching for more festive entertainment and ushered onto DEG’s Watched at Home Top 20 List the likes of 2018’s The Grinch (No. 14) and its 2000 counterpart How the Grinch Stole Christmas (No. 17). Oh sure, the Halloween classics were still there, namely Hocus Pocus and Beetlejuice, which continued to linger in the Top 20.
Meanwhile, the fourth season of western family saga Yellowstone debuted at No. 2, behind Free Guy. Yellowstone has been a staple on the chart since the Watched at Home Top 20 was launched in early 2020, and Season 1 and Season 3 of the series also charted this week, at Nos. 11 and 19, respectively.
DEG compiles the ‘Watched at Home Top 20’ list with the most widely consumed titles on disc and digital during the previous week (except for outside subscription-based streaming platforms). Assembled with the newest studio and retailer data every seven days, it showcases current consumer enthusiasm for home viewing of the newest film and television releases.
1. Free Guy (20th Century Studios)
2. Yellowstone Season 4 (Paramount)
3. Old (Universal)
4. The Suicide Squad (Warner Bros.)
5. Don’t Breathe 2 (Sony Pictures)
6. PAW Patrol: The Movie (Paramount)
7. F9: The Fast Saga (Universal)
8. Snake Eyes (Paramount)
9. Stillwater (Universal)
10. Space Jam: A New Legacy (Warner Bros.)
11. Yellowstone Season 1 (Paramount)
12. The Protege (Lionsgate)
13. The Forever Purge (Universal)
14. The Grinch (2018, Universal)
15. Scream (Paramount)
16. Injustice (Warner Bros.)
17. How the Grinch Stole Christmas (2000, Universal)
18. Hocus Pocus (Disney)
19. Yellowstone Season 3 (Paramount)
20. Beetlejuice (Warner Bros.)