The Oscar-Winning actor has been charged with sexual assault after an alleged incident that occurred back in 2016.
The Academy Award winner is alleged to have assaulted a teenage boy at a bar in Boston in Massachusetts.
Michael O’Keefe, the Cape and Island district attorney in Massachusetts, said that the actor will appear at Nantucket District Court on January 7 on the charge of indecent assault and battery.
Heather Unruh, the alleged victim’s mum claimed that Kevin repeatedly stuck his hand down the pants of her 18-year-old son.
The allegations were first made during a press conference in November 2017.
As reports emerged, the 59-year-old took to Twitter sharing a video with his 4.51million followers called Let Me Be Frank.
It is his first social media post since he was initially engulfed in scandal in October last year.
In the clip, the New Jersey-born producer could be seen washing his hands in the kitchen sink as he looks into the lens of the camera.
The American Beauty actor, appeared to be in the character of Frank Underwood from House Of Cards.
Talking to the viewers he said: “I know what you want. Oh sure they may have tried to separate us but what we have is too strong, it’s too powerful. I mean after all we shared everything in life.
“I told you my deepest, darkest secrets. I showed you exactly what people are capable of. I shocked you with my honesty, but mostly I challenged you and made you think.
“And you trusted me, even though you knew you shouldn’t. So we’re not done, no matter what anyone says. And besides, I know what you want – you want me back.
“Of course, some believed everything and have just been waiting with bated breath to hear me confess it all, they’re just dying to have me declare that everything said is true, and that I got what I deserved. Wouldn’t that be easy, if it was all so simple.”
In his final comments, he said: “Now that I think of it, you never actually saw me die, did you? Conclusions can be so deceiving. Missed me?”
Scotland Yard has six open sexual assault investigations into Spacey, alleged to have taken place in London and Gloucester.
Spacey, who was artistic director at London’s The Old Vic theatre between 2004 and 2015, was one of the first Hollywood stars to face allegations in the wake of the Harvey Weinstein scandal.
Spacey said he did not remember the encounter but apologised for any “inappropriate drunken behaviour”.
He was sacked by Netflix and Sir Ridley Scott erased him from his completed film All The Money In The World in re-shoots costing millions.
Daily Star Online have contacted Kevin’s reps for comment.