Reports at Christmas claimed that the duo had already signed a deal but speaking to The Mirror, Declan, 44 said: “We are in talks, it will be for a few more years but nothing is signed yet. Not yet.”
With Ant going on to say: “You know we love working with ITV, they have been great supporters of us, so it will happen.
“We can’t wait for Takeaway to come back, we have really missed making it. We are already doing stuff for it at the moment so with that and Britain’s Got Talent we are very busy.”
The publication claim that it is a three-year golden handcuffs contract before alleging that other channels and streaming giants are interested but the Geordie legend are staying put.
Saturday Night Takeaway hit screens in 2002, featuring celebrity guests, stunts and games involving the live audience at home and in the studio.
Ant, 44, returned to TV last year after taking time away following a turbulent time.
Speaking about winning Best Presenter at the NTAs for the 19th time, he said: “As you get older, the more grateful you are because it is voted for by the viewers. We have been around for so long and you know we are still up there and they are still voting for us, so we are very thankful.
“Yeah, we’ve had a couple of difficult years. We have had ups and downs and they have stuck with us and viewers are still voting for us, and for that, we are eternally grateful.”
Daily Star Online has contacted ITV for a comment